How to Choose the Right Commercial Truck
Selecting the best models for your fleet is crucial. Whether your company specializes in construction, long hauling, agriculture, or something else, the perfect set of wheels can heighten production even further. Don’t know which models will benefit your business the most? The team at Fred Beans Ford Work Trucks is here to help.
With our guide to how to choose the right commercial truck, commercial buyers around Doylestown, West Chester, Langhorne, and Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, can craft the fleet they need easily. Now, let’s find the best model for your needs.
|Ford F-350||Ford F-450||Ford F-550|
|Max Conventional Towing||21,200 lbs.||24,200 lbs.||18,500 lbs.|
|Max Payload||7,850 lbs.||6,210 lbs.||12,750 lbs.|
|Cab Sizes||Regular, SuperCab, Crew||Regular, Crew||Regular, SuperCab, Crew|
The Ford Commercial Fleet
The Ford SuperDuty lineup has something for every business owner. Three of the most popular in the lineup, the F-350, F-450, and the F-550, are the models we’ll be comparing, so you can make an educated decision.
Choosing the Right Truck Body
Whether you need room for extra passengers in the back or plenty of cargo space, the Ford SuperDuty family has the cab for you. There are three to choose from, each giving you different specs to work with:
- Regular Cab: Available for three Ford models, this standard cab size has seating for up to three.
- SuperCrew: For more space, this cab size adds in a row of seats with seating for three more people.
- Crew Cab: The final cab size, the Crew, also seats six.
Picking Your Trim Level
The features your truck comes with is as important as the body itself. For the F-350 and F-450, you’ll have six trims to choose from. Here’s a peek at each with some highlighting features:
The Ford F-550 has three trims to choose from:
- XL: This trim comes standard with AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control and Trailer Sway Control, to ensure all your heavy-duty towing jobs are secure. Six upfitter switches are also standard, giving you easy control within reach.
- XLT: To keep connected and on track, the XLT comes with the SYNC® 3 multimedia system. This voice-activated technology keeps long travels safer, and you can connect your smartphone to keep in touch with the team while away from work.
- Lariat: No matter why you’re driving, comfort will help envigorate you behind the wheel. With the dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, staying cozy is easy. This lets you and your co-pilot set two different temperatures in the cabin to suit individual preferences on the go.
Which Ford Commercial Truck Is for You?
Now that you’ve read through our guide on how to choose the right commercial truck, are you ready to pick yours? Drivers around Doylestown, West Chester, Langhorne, and Mechanicsburg, PA, can schedule a test drive to learn more today! We hope to meet you soon at the Fred Beans Ford Work Truck lot!